Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Triathalon Mania

So I have to share the good news, guess who won her age division at the Provo Triathlon last week (which is no surprise to me)...? My amazing 8 week post-partum sister Leslie!! Can you believe that? I'm so proud of her, I wish I could have been there to see her race. She trains hard for these and ran in one just a few weeks before she delivered! She is trying to work up to an ironman so she can get to Hawaii :)

The other great news is that my niece Mckayla was able to complete with her momma! Yup, she was in her first triathlon since the Provo Tri had a kids division. This girl was born to compete (literally). My sister ran and competed when she was pregnant and Mckayla and Talmage were always in her bike trailer with every bike ride accross the valley (15 miles+). Check out these awesome pictures. I love you girls!



I absolutely love this last picture! She is my Champion!

3 comments:

3 Men & a Lady said...

Wow- that's amazing! If only I looked like that after only 8 weeks of having a baby!!!! And the fact that her passion is instilled in her kids is awesome. It looked like you had so much fun with your sister-in-law and let me know how Wicked is! We are going to see it when we go to NY!

Chas and Ashly Johnson Family said...

That is really awesome! I can't believe she gets back into shape like that. She is probably nursing too! I was just thinking the other day that I would like to do a triathalon.Chas is doing one in July. :)

Leslie said...

Aw, thanks for the tribute Sis! Yeah we had a great time, I just feel bad Mckayla can't do one for another year. We'll get the video up soon for ya
Remember we're twins. See what good fortune you have waiting for you after you have babies? ;-)