Sunday, April 27, 2008

Not a good day...

So I was really looking forward to my Saturday yesterday but I guess it wasn't meant to be. It was my 1 full day off between 10 and we had planned to take the dogs to the beach. Well it started off wrong when Ryan rescheduled his scout fundraiser (airating lawns) for that morning. He assured me he would be home by 10am but I know him better than that and I knew it would be at least noon before I saw him. Well it was 1pm before he came home do work on our own lawn then our annoying neighbor conned Ryan into doing his lawn as well while he watched him and smoked a cigarette. Back to the story though. He returned the machine and loaded the dogs up at 2 for a 2hour drive. I wasn't in the mood anymore and just wanted to pout but he insisted. So I climbed in the back and off we went. 15 miles later, his trusty 4Runner lost power on the freeway and we glided to a stop in the emergency lane. He couldn't get it started again so it got towed home. The poor dogs had to stay in the back because there wasn't room for them in the towtruck. My poor babies were so scared!

Anyway, this was more of me venting my frustration than an actual post but thanks for reading and sharing in my frustration all the same :) All I can say is if I don't get to the beach next week I might have a meltdown...

4 comments:

Karly said...

YO DUDE AT LEAST YOU HAVE A BEACH TO GO TO....
HOPE THE CAR IS OK!

Chas and Ashly Johnson Family said...

That sucks. Poor puppies. It sounds like the 4runner has seen better days :)

Nicole said...

Where did you go to get over your meltdowns BEFORE you had a beach?? I need to go there because I don't have a nearby beach...i'm not as lucky as my friend Steph.

M. M. C. C. said...

you probably don't want to hear this, but the ENTIRE time I was reading your post I kept thinking "she's not supposed to be at the beach." I have these premonitions every now and then and I'm just glad you didn't make it!! sorry to be such a bummer on your venting party.