Wednesday, February 27, 2008

More Snow...

I caught a cute picture of Ryan chatting with our neighbor as they took part in the all too often Michigan chore of shoveling the driveway. Lansing has a lot of good and bad pockets as far as neighborhoods are concerned and we are lucky to be in a good one with nice neighbors.

I guess the winters here aren't as bad as I was thinking they would be. They are definitely colder (usually less than 10 degrees) and we see a lot of ice and freezing rain but much less snow than Utah. I actually got excited a few weeks ago when we woke up to "Utah powder" for a change and not slushy snow.

The other difference we've noticed is they don't salt the roads here, they sand them and they close the schools all the time for baby amounts of snow. Also, it's a rare occasion that they plow the roads and when they do we are left with not just potholes but giant pits of despair! I had to have a tire replaced this week (after it blew out) and there must have been at least 10 people walk in the hour I was there to buy a new tire from the horrible potholes! Oh well, live and learn...

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Stephanie! I just saw your blog link on Kate Melo's blog. I love your blog, so cute! So, it looks like you guys are buddies with Mitt :) I really wish he would have stayed in the race.
Those are some fun pictures and I love your wedding photo in front of the SLC temple.

Sara said...

Oh hi! Of course I remember you! I'm glad you said hello. That is so weird seeing so many pics of the snow- we don't get any of that out here! Yahoo for me! So do you know where you guys wil lbe going away to school? It is such a neat experience for our little family- you will love it, and yes it will make you tough too!