Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pregnancy Update: Weeks 13-16

Well it's hard to believe another month has gone by and we've crossed into the 2nd trimester! Time is flying and I'm feeling great and for all of this, I'm grateful!

Week 13
We took little Baby West on his/her first plane ride and first trip out of the country and spent the week in Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our annual beach trip! We realized that this would be the last beach trip for awhile so we enjoyed it to the fullest but agreed to plan one in 2 years for our 10th anniversary. I think I'll survive :)

Week 14
Sorry for the boring picture but after we got back from our trip I went straight back to work for 7 nights so between scrubs and pajamas...this is the best I got :) But as you can see, the tummy is making its debut! Ryan visited me at work one night and we took a little peek at the baby. Sure is fun to see him/her moving around! We think we even caught him/her sucking their thumb!

Week 15
As you can see, I made a BIG change and cut 12 inches of my hair off for a new do! Haven't had it short for almost 15 years. Why now you ask? Well I've had this crazy notion in my head for years that "pregnant women have short hair" and when I got pregnant some day I would cut mine. Crazy I know, but whatever it takes to take the plunge :)
Had another appointment with the doctor this week. Heard a quick heartbeat (155bpm) and got her blessing. We also scheduled our big ultrasound and are counting down the days with anticipation!

Week 16
Celebrated Mother's Day! Ryan and the babies got me my hanging baskets for the porch and we got to video chat with Elder Allan for an hour.
Jack was jealous of Baby's camera time last week so he insisted on being a part of this week's picture :)

That's it for now. Hard to believe the next time I post we'll know whether this little baby is a boy or a girl!! Any guesses?



7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so cute and I am extremely excited for you!!

Rebecca said...

So excited you updated! I can see a little bump! I am awful at guessing genders..

Jason & Kelli West said...

I am guessing a girl! :)

The Melo's said...

So excited for you! I am thinking boy, but I have been wrong for each of my babies so my guesses really mean nothing:)

Nicole said...

I have so much to say...first of all, I haven't checked your blog in awhile. For some reason blogger hasn't shown me that you have been updating, so I missed all these exciting posts. But I am all caught up now, and that's what matters, right? I am so sorry about your miscarriage, Steph. I am glad you were able to get pregnant really soon afterwards, that is wonderful! You are darling. Your little, tiny baby bump and your adorable haircut look amazing on you! You pull off short hair very well, I am jealous. Also, I loved looking at the pictures when you played dress-up...I REMEMBER THAT PROM DRESS! I miss you and I miss the good old days. Ah, memories. Love you Steph!

Blatter said...

I am guessing a boy! and you are finally BARELY showing! So jealous. My cheeks get bigger than your belly is when I am pregnant! hahaha! Glad you are in your second trimester! It is flying by!

Liz Borchardt said...

Glad that you are feeling good!
Myself, Gracie, Aidan and Asher all guess a girl. Cannon is voting boy. I think Adalaide is voting for a girl so she can have a cousin to play dress-up and babies with :)