Friday, August 27, 2010

One last visit

This has been the summer of visitors and we love it! Ryan's older sister Liz took a much needed break and spent a week with us recently.

On the way home from the airport we finally went to the notorious Bronners Christmas Wonderland Extravaganza. For my Utah friends, it is this giant Christmas store (the largest in the world to be exact) that is open year round and filled with every ornament you could ever dream of!

Norris, Baby and Jack were happy to get reacquainted with their Auntie Liz

We saw a movie, ate out at our favorite Michigan places and just relaxed. We also made a road trip up to Mackinaw Island. We changed things up and stayed on the other side of the bridge in St Ignace this time and I have to say I prefer it now. We got a decent hotel with a GREAT view!


Mackinaw was great as usual but the only thing I was disappointed in was the weather. I'd been watching the forecast for days and it was supposed to be sunny and beautiful but turned out to be cloudy and a bit cool.

All the same, we enjoyed a bicycle trip around the island,



the view from Arch Rock,

and all the gorgeous flowers and sights Mackinaw has to offer.


Of course, no trip to Mackinaw is complete without some fudge so Liz treated us to some yummy selections!

We also made a trip to the dog beach before she left (I know, your shocked right?)

We love you Liz and had a great time! Thanks for being a good sport and always supporting us! And thanks Fritz for watching the kids so she could come out!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE that Christmas shop. I seriously would visit it all the time if I lived nearby. You are lucky! I miss you Steph. Thanks for sharing all the cute pictures and fun events!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Michigan is gorgeous!! That Christmas shop is awesome! North Pole, Alaska has a shop like that and Santa is always there!! It's awesome. But not nearly as big as this place!

Liz Borchardt said...

Thanks again for such a great time!! I am super impressed that you already posted!! (and what great pictures) I am hoping that I can do my post on Sunday before Fritz goes back to work...