Thanks for the tag, Des! I’m supposed to come up with 6 random facts about me so here goes…
1. I have an identical twin. Her name is Leslie and we are 11 minutes apart. I was born first after sharing 32 weeks together. We were very identical as kids and if we still had the same hair color and no makeup we would still look pretty similar. We were best buddies as kids and did the whole “switch classes” prank (which worked for almost the whole day). We were not good friends as teenagers and were so competitive we went to different high schools but are all better now. Some of that twin stuff you hear is true, we do finish each other’s sentences but don’t literally feel each other’s pain although seeing her go through the pain of labor was very stressful to me (don’t worry sis, I am very glad I was there and enjoyed it, too).
2. Some might call me morbid. As a teenager up until we moved to Michigan, all of my siblings and I helped my dad with his mortuary business. We would go with him to transport people from their homes, hospitals, nursing homes, or medical examiner to the funeral home. People always think it’s weird or gross but I don’t. It’s a job someone has to do and if you do it with compassion, it can be a positive experience. It has made me appreciate and comfortable with the dying process. I even enjoy taking care of the dying patient and their family and did my capstone semester in nursing school at a hospice.
3. You probably already know this one but I am obsessed with animals. My dad owned a pet store when we were born and we had a lot of cool pets growing up (ducks, geese, goats, dogs, cats, tortoise, ostrich, scorpion, hedgehog, etc…). I am determined to have a farm someday where I can rescue all the animals I want and teach my kids to love them and take care of them. Ryan teases me that it’s going to be the farm for disabled and “special” animals and maybe it will be, they need homes too :)
4. I was the headstand queen of my high school drill team. We had contests every year and I always won. I don’t remember how long I could stay up but it was awhile (think >10 minues). I still practice at the gym occasionally. Try it; it’s a great core strengthener!
5. I’m terrified of opening those pressurized cans of rolls that pop open. I will ask Ryan or if I get desperate enough, use a can opener. I just hate the exploding part of it. Weird, I know but this is a random tag.
6. I’m in love with everything about the airport. I love packing, planning trips, pulling my luggage, flying, just everything about travel. I don’t know if I am brave enough to fly a plane but I just love the idea of them. I even tried to minor in Aviation in college…they said no.
Now it's your turn! I tag Leslie, Jenna, Brayci, Kelli, Nicole, and Mel.