Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ode to Eddie


As some of you may have heard, our little dwarf hamster Eddie died on the 13th. We had been married about a year and a half and I was dying for a pet so Eddie became our first "baby." I had just had surgery and for some reason felt inclined to name Eddie after my surgeon (don't ask me why, it's a cute name). I remember picking him out and spoiling him with a fun cage and toys. It made me smile everytime he would run up to the cage door to take a peanut from us. We sure love him and although he was with us for a brief time (average hamster life) we enjoyed him and will miss him very much!Sorry for the blurry awful close-up picture but I couldn't resist

Our first family picture

Norris always kept a good eye on his brother


On a brighter note, we had some friends over tonight for a Christmas party. Most everyone in the ward is staying home for the holiday so it's nice to have each other to celebrate with. I'm sure grateful for such awesome friends!

Oh and one more thing. We had a crazy storm yesterday and as you can see from the picture, it dropped more than 6 inches in less than 8 hours! I get really anxious driving in the snow but we had to finish our shopping but good old Elias kept us safe. Poor Ryan though, he ended up digging an old crazy guy's car out on the freeway, helped our neighbor get a new battery, dug out our neighbor's neighbor, and dug my car out of our driveway twice! Love ya hun :)

4 comments:

Brynn said...

AMAZING. We live in Lansing for three years and get ONE noteworthy storm. We move away and you guys get blasted. Not fair. But, I guess Utah is having it's share of snow this year, so, it's all good. AND, I love the picture collage! It's so fun to see a bunch of our old friends! We loved being there for Christmas and I hope you all have a great time! We sure are missing everyone!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Sad!! I can't say I've ever been that attatched to a hampster but how sad for you!! We have been having crazy snowstorms here too! Not a big fan I must admit! Well Merry Christmas to ya!

Jason & Kelli West said...

Here's to Eddie!!! Hopefully this means you can go pick out another pet to play with!! Although I am sure none will be as fun as Eddie was!!! Love you guys and Merry Christmas!! Don't lete those snow plow drivers stack the snow on the side of the road too high!!

Des said...

i'm so sorry that Eddie died. We gave our condolenses the other day...but again, I'm sorry!I do love the picture of norris watching Eddie. So cute
thanks for letting us come to your party and the awesome gift- one of my favorite ever!!! I was wondering if I could get those pictures from you--the girls on the stairs is awesome. and maybe our family one...that turned out pretty good for once! you got mad skills.